It has been a little over a month since my time at HOMTV began. And in that short span of time I have done the following:
- Refreshed my memory on how to use camera and lighting equipment
- Learned how to use a new audio board and how to operate a new prompter
- (And, by new, I mean one I have not used before)
- Learned how to set up for and film township board meetings and various other meetings held within the Meridian Municipal Building
- Learned how to set up a studio for a show
- Helped to remodel the studio
- Learned how to write scripts for VOs, VO/SOTs, and VO/SOT/VOs
- Learned a bit about Final Cut X and Adobe After Effects
- Created 2 promos (I am currently working on a third and fourth)
- Filmed roll-ins
- Learned the art of storyboarding
- And much more
As I continue to do these things I notice myself improving quickly, and I’m doubting my abilities less.
I don’t think I would be doing so well if it weren’t for the people around me. The staff is very supportive and encouraging. You can tell they believe in you, and they help you strive to be the better person and artist they know you can be. And my fellow interns do the same. We are all equals at HOMTV, we strive to help each other surmount our own expectations; and, so far, I don’t think I could have asked for a better first internship experience. I am happy to know that I am still only at the beginning. And I look forward to keep moving forward.
Thank you two for helping me and being there to answer my questions.
“No one has ever gotten fat…by eating too much kale.”
– Best big to little reveal quote ever!